Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Why I Love Wednesdays

Tim Tam Slam ice cream
Come to Mama!  (Photo Credit: joyosity on Flickr)
I love Wednesday nights.

My husband's work schedule requires him to rise and shine on Thursdays at the ungodly hour of three a.m.  On Wednesday nights, if all is going to plan he's in bed and snoring away by seven.  Then it's up to me to pack the kids into bed with a minimum of fuss and noise, so Wednesday nights are normally spent in front of the TV as a reward if the kids keep quiet.  Then they're off to bed by eight, and I'm alone.

Alone. A-L-O-N-E.

Oh, the bliss!  Peace!  Quiet!


On Wednesday nights, I can do things like...

...watch grown up TV shows!  No more Dora or Dragontails.  (Or even worse, Power Rangers...)

...eat ice cream without having to share!

...stretch out on the couch without worrying about a three year old flying off the arm of the couch onto my head.

...string two thoughts together that make sense!  It's hard doing any critical thinking while the kids are running circles around me all day. 

But most of all, Wednesday nights are a chance for me to "unplug" and recharge my Mommy batteries, to get rid of all the stress I've been carrying around for the week so I can wake up with a smile on my face and kind words on my tongue.  A few hours to myself make a better Mama for the rest of the week, and I'm sure my kids appreciate that.

1 comment:

  1. love alone time! I am fortunate (?) to have a husband that works late a few nights a week! lol

    ReplyDelete